Re: gnaughty is a hot babe

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 01:40:36PM +0200, Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 1:30 PM, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora nicubunu ro> wrote:
> > Movies in proprietary formats can be downloaded also with Firefox,
> > Transmission, wget, etc.
> > From the description of gnaughty I understand it can also download images,
> > which are in free formats, so the content is in both free and proprietary
> > formats.
>
> Here is the purpose of the application is important. A browser is not
> only intended for  free and proprietary
> formats downloader. It serves other purposes as well.
>
> But gNaughty serves only purpose is "download porn". If we allow this
> package, in other words it says Fedora tolerates proprietary formats.
> It is not something we are comfortable with.

It is not Fedora's place to police *usage* of apps, only whether the app
or package has a compliant license and follows the defined packaging &
legal rules. If the tool were directly containing support for decoding
such prorietry formats that would be a different matter, because the
codecs would not pass the legal rules.

Daniel