gnaughty is a hot babe

Michael Fleming mfleming at thatfleminggent.com
Fri May 29 14:15:49 UTC 2009

On Fri, 29 May 2009 14:23:01 +0200
Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:

> Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> > IMHO it is not Fedora's job to  define family values & moralities.
> > Such morals/values will vary all around the world, such that no
> > single list Fedora makes would be satisfactory. If a derived spin
> > wants to define a set of morals & values then the burden should be
> > on them to maintain the list of packages that don't comply, not
> > Fedora.
>
> +1
>
>         Kevin Kofler

+10.

Every culture - or even individual's - moral compass varies from others,
even slightly. Trying to define morality for a large non-homogenous
group is almost certainly going to upset a significant proportion of
that group that don't agree with the definition, often with undesirable
results - "it'll all end in tears" would be an appropriate English
idiom; IOW doomed - just ask my (Australian) Communications
Minister :-).

If you're going to maintain a spin for a like-minded community (like
ojuba.org is) then the onus is on those maintainers to decide on and
cull those packages that they deem inappropriate from their compose.
For Fedora to do so would be outside our collective bailiwick (IMHO)
and as Kevin correctly notes no single list would please everyone all
of the time - I know some folks who may object to gnome-sword for
example.

Michael.

--
Michael Fleming <mfleming at thatfleminggent.com> - (EMail/XMPP/Jabber)