gnaughty is a hot babe

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Fri May 29 14:34:12 UTC 2009

Dennis J. (dennisml at conversis.de) said:
>> I wrote a proposal
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/InappropriateContents
>
> I don't think you can just flag Packages as inappropriate because
> everyone has his own definition for that term. If you really want to make
> this work you'll have to create specific classifications like "nudity" or
> "violence" so people can make informed decisions. People might be ok with
> violent content but not nudity. When I see a Package marked only as
> "inappropriate" that doesn't help me to tell whether *I* would find that
> inappropriate or not.

At which point, you need some sort of review board, where then every
package gets something like:

- TuxPaint is rated E for Everyone
- quake3 is rated T for violent content
- tcl is rated M for inappropriate language

I'm going to go out on a limb and claim we don't have the resources to
coherently do this.

Bill