gnaughty is a hot babe

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Fri May 29 15:40:48 UTC 2009

On Fri, 29 May 2009, Jesse Keating wrote:

> On Fri, 2009-05-29 at 11:02 -0400, Seth Vidal wrote:
>> - firefox
>> - yum
>
> These are a bit rediculous and you know it.  Neither of these come
> pre-configured to get to the content.  You have to actively seek it out.
> gnaughty doesn't require that, it's hardwired to get you the content
> with no effort on your part.

PK comes preconfigured to download the metadata and ask the user if they
want to update pkgs. Some of those pkgs may contain content a user does
not want to see.

Since yum is at the base of that stack, yum is at fault, right?

we're on a silly slope and putting provides tags into certain pkgs is just
plain dumb - wanna put a wiki page up - that's fine.

polluting provides tags is not a good plan.

-sv