Re: Plans for tomorrow's (20090529) FESCo meeting

On 05/29/2009 09:27 PM, Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) wrote:

> By refusing kmods, we have more motivation to actually try and include
> upstream what we really need to use. If we can simply install the
> kmod, who cares if it's upstreamed ?

We generally do care about whether something is upstream or not for
various reasons discussed many times here but also because we push out
new kernel updates often within a particular release and that has a good
chance of breaking out of tree modules. End users do care about that as
well.

Rahul