Why not to create Fedora-us and Fedora-non-us branches?

Pavel Alexeev (aka Pahan-Hubbitus) forum at ru.bir.ru
Sun May 31 10:22:56 UTC 2009

Stephen Gallagher wrote:
  > Is there a reason that an interested party (in a locale where such
> export is legal) couldn't just create a custom spin on their own (and
> using their own build system) to create a Fedora-T6 spin (or for
> trademark reasons, rebrand it)? I can see this being a perfectly good
> premise for setting up a SIG...

I thing such regional "spins" exists now. For example RussianFedora in
Russian [1]. It includes mp3 codec and many other, because Russia do not
  admit software patents.

Furthermore, it is not just "illegal spin", [2] cite:
At a key meeting with Werner Knoblich, Red Hat Vice President for EMEA,
he announced support for a Russian Fedora association and for Red Hat
development in the Russian Federation. He also expressed support for
open source infrastructure and applications, and the development of a
repository for industry best practice.
[snip]
Both Red Hat and VDEL, the organizers of Russian Fedora projects, will
provide this center with financial and technological support and also
help to build the wider local and international IT industry network
needed for this Ministry initiative
=====end cite=====

So, it is inspired by RedHat and it is not set any barrier to ship it
with software what prohibited in main Fedora!

So, back to main question - this is example of Europe-based
infrastructure. On that any who wish may build self own spins as I think.

[1] http://russianfedora.ru/
[2] http://www.osldistribution.com/news (second news)