Re: Agenda for the 2009-05-26 Packaging Committee meeting

On 05/31/2009 06:22 AM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Adam Williamson wrote:
>> FWIW, I've definitely never seen a "Suggests(post)" (or anything other
>> than a plain "Suggests:") in Mandriva, and I don't recall seeing a
>> versioned one either. So it's not something I'd put much thought into.
>> Your caveats about those cases seem correct, though.
>
> IMHO, Suggests(post) should just be an error, it doesn't make any sense
> whatsoever. Things needed in scriptlets need to be hard requirements.

Actually we have several things that are not hard requires in
scriptlets.  I can't think of any that would be better served by having
a Suggests(post) off the top of my head, though.

Example:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/ScriptletSnippets#Icon_Cache

-Toshio