What to do with package that wants to use sse?

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Mon Nov 2 15:28:47 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-02 at 08:49 -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 09:43:30 -0500, Adam Jackson <ajax at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > Strictly, this is not true.  Newer binutils has a feature called
> > "indirect functions" that lets you do (logically, this is not what the
> > syntax actually looks like):
>
> Can you point us to some documentation on this?
>
> Is this something that is encouraged for use in Fedora?

Well, the best documentation I can find is the thread discussing the
implementation:

http://www.x86-64.org/pipermail/discuss/2009-June/010546.html

and the testcase in binutils:

http://github.com/jiez/binutils/blob/master/ld/testsuite/ld-ifunc/lib.c

glibc seems to be using it in a few places in F12, so I can't imagine
it's too broken.  That said, I don't think it's the _recommended_
solution for Fedora yet.

- ajax