Font rendering slightly degraded in recent rawhide

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Nov 2 16:48:34 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-02 at 14:00 +0100, Roberto Ragusa wrote:
> Adam Williamson wrote:
>
> > And why the hell are you still using Luxi Mono, anyway? that thing went
> > out with the ark...
>
> I'm not the person you are posing your question to, but I use Luxi Mono
> and can give you an answer:
> "Because it is a wonderful serif mono font. Can you suggest me an
> alternative? It looks like mono => sans nowadays."

I'm a big member of the 'fonts are subjective' bandwagon, but I'm
_really_ surprised that anyone would consider the Luxi fonts to look
better than the DejaVu ones. DejaVu is just a far more polished font
set, which is why it was chosen by all major distros to replace Luxi
years ago. You're literally the first person I've come across who seems
to prefer the appearance of Luxi. Nothing wrong with that, I suppose,
I'm just surprised =)

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey