PPC not getting __WORDSIZE set

Word of warning.. I am no too familiar with C across platforms. I am trying to package ruby-ffi (spec file is at [1]) and when I do a scratch build in Koji [2] it runs fine on x86 but is failing in ppc_64. It appears that __WORDSIZE is not being set [3]. I looked at the CFLags for the x86_64 and they are the same, so I assumed things would run fine. Can anyone point me at what to look at next?

-- bk

[1] Spec file: http://bkearney.fedorapeople.org/ruby-ffi.spec
[2] Main Build: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1783879
[3] Failing Build Log: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=1783882&name=build.log