Re: Wodim trouble

On 11/02/2009 03:47 PM, Denis Leroy wrote:
> On 11/02/2009 07:18 PM, Adam Jackson wrote:
>> That may be true, but since cdrecord is not shippable, it's a pretty
>> vacuous truth.
>
> Out of curiosity, was that just because of the GPL2-CDDL mix ? Or was
> there another reason ? Last I checked, only mkisofs is affected by that
> and the rest of cdrecord is pure CDDL. If we patched mkisofs away, would
> it be shippable ?

That would be a significantly notable fork. If someone did remove all
the dependent GPLv2 code in the cdrecord source, I would probably be
willing to audit the package for possible inclusion, but I could not in
good conscience recommend that anyone maintain that forked code in
Fedora, as the upstream author has a long and storied history of
being... problematic.

~spot