Re: Buyer Beware: A Major Change in NFS (in Rawhide) is about to happen

On Mon, 2009-11-02 at 14:23 -0500, Steve Dickson wrote:
> I'm not sure about this... Actually I like the fact we can define a
> pseudo root other than '/'... which means you really want a live exported
> directory with the fsid=0 option... If I am understanding what you are
> saying...

No, that's not what he's saying.  Even if you define a different psuedo
root other than /, it's likely more common to /not/ want that root
exported in whole, but rather smaller parts of it, just like you don't
want / exported in whole, you only want subdirectories exported.

I too see this as a major regression in NFS behavior.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!