GRUB2 In Fedora

Some Linux distros has migrated from grub-0.97 to grub2-1.97. Grub2 provides more useful features to users. And it is more easy to add a new  file system support. But I can not see Fedora has any plan for GRUB2. I read a feature page on Fedora wiki. There is no progress on grub2.

Now Fedora official repo offers grub2 package. However the version is quite strange. Fedora provides grub2-1.98. In fact, this version was 1.96 grabbed from svn repo on Aug 27th, 2008. Also, maintainer adds some patches to fix the bug. But GNU released grub2-1.97 just now.

In addition, I try to write grub2 into MBR of the HDD. I do not know why. Is there a bug in grub2?

--
<url>http://www.liangsuilong.info</url>
Fight for freedom!!!!(3F)