Re: Wodim trouble

Ankur Sinha <sanjay ankur gmail com> wrote:

> Looks like another thread going the wrong way.
>
> I just wanted to know if wodim is usable (i mean without wasting dvds
> like its doing currently for me). From the discussion, I feel it's still
> buggy and therefore I'm going to shift to another program (maybe
> growisofs).

Well, people like you who try to use the fork know that it is just having too
many bugs for being useful. Please note that growisofs is not the solution for
a wider problem: growisofs of course needs mkisofs and redhat does not ship
a working mkisofs bug the broken "genisoimage".

Growisofs is also known to have problems with some DVD drives where cdrecord
has no problem.

Jörg

--
 EMail:joerg schily isdn cs tu-berlin de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
       js cs tu-berlin de                (uni)