Re: Ubuntu shows updates / security updates on shell logins

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin kofler chello at> wrote:
It's actually a security risk to display this to non-admin users. It's like
putting a sticker on your door saying "This door is not locked because my
keyhole is not working."

By that logic, Packagekit displaying that to endusers is the same thing.

I like the idea of showing that on admin login. I think its useful for server administrators.

--
Ing. Juan M. Rodriguez Moreno
Desarrollador de Sistemas Abiertos