Re: rawhide report: 20091104 changes - excluding noarch packages

On Wed, 2009-11-04 at 12:00 -0700, Jerry James wrote:
> Those aren't the same.  Since the addition of a new arch can break #2,
> how can packagers mean anything other than #1 by "noarch"?

They can't, but it was a historical assumption that if you indicate #1,
you're implicitly indicating #2.  This has proven to break down as of
late, so we have to re-do the logic code around where a build can be
done.  It's no longer safe to assume that "noarch" means "anyarch".

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!