Re: Fedora 12 vs. Ubuntu 9.10 Benchmarks ?!?

On 11/5/09 9:45 AM, TK009 wrote:
On Thu, Nov 05, 2009 at 09:42:44AM -0500, Jarod Wilson wrote:
On 11/5/09 9:35 AM, TK009 wrote:
On Thu, Nov 05, 2009 at 02:24:18PM +0000, Valent Turkovic wrote:
http://is.gd/4NU9N

Phoronix published Fedora 12 vs. Ubuntu 9.10 Benchmarks

They claim they took Fedora 12 candidate release, but AFAIK there is no
Fedora 12 RC, right?

If the email I saw on this list yesteday was correct we do in fact have an RC.

Still Fedora 12 Beta ate Ubuntu for breakfast :)

And a distro like arch eats both of them for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
As great as Fedora is preformace has never been a strong point.

I presume you have relevant benchmarking data to back up this claim?

The same amount you have that disproves it. Better luck next time?

I didn't make any claims one way or the other. At least phoronix posts *something* in the way of benchmarks to back up their claims. Put up, or shut up.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod redhat com