Re: Identifying remaining core font users

Le jeudi 12 novembre 2009 à 13:08 +0200, Gilboa Davara a écrit :
> On Thu, 2009-11-12 at 07:42 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> > Le jeudi 12 novembre 2009 à 06:51 +0200, Gilboa Davara a écrit :
> >
> > > I own both icewm and idesk.
> > > As far as I know, both icewm and idesk are linked against xft and should
> > > not default to core fonts. (Unless I completely misunderstanding
> > > something...)
> >
> > I've been asked to filter out xft matches next run, so if they *only* do
> > xft they won't appear again.
>
> Thanks.

However please note that even though using xft is less bad than using
core fonts, xft alone is still not a complete text stack.

For robust text support nothing less than fontconfig and a shaper such
as the one in qt, pango or pango-cairo will work

--
Nicolas Mailhot