Re: FESCO ticket#270 - preupgrade and F-12

----- "Chris Adams" <cmadams hiwaay net> wrote:
> I don't think increasing /boot just because of preupgrade is a viable
> solution, as the installer image continues to grow.  Is it possible
> instead to put the installer image (the real problem) somewhere else,
> like /?  Why does it need to be in /boot?

Because anaconda's stage1 (initrd) doesn't know how to assemble
LVM/mdraid/dmraid/whatever crazy thing your root partition is on.
So install.img needs to be on something that stage1 can read.

Conveniently, GRUB also requires a non-LVM partition - /boot!
So that's the only place we can reliably put it.

-w