Re: RFC: Btrfs snapshots feature for F13

Hi,

   >> I somewhat read the initial suggestion as trying to implement
   >> transactional behavior via snapshot. Just creating one shouldn't
   >> hurt.

Ah.  Yeah, not at all.

   > I fail to understand how a snapshot would differentiate between
   > yum related changes and other changes that occur by an otherwise
   > normally operating daemon (logs for example).

If someone wanted to use whole-fs snapshots for yum transactions
(which I don't) the way to do it would be to only rollback changes
made to files that are present in either of the RPM manifests.

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb laptop org>
One Laptop Per Child