Re: Local users get to play root?

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 13:05:31 -0500,
  Seth Vidal <skvidal fedoraproject org> wrote:

> like I said in another email - I think of installing things on
> servers as 'barest minimal' and then adding things I require.
> Nothing else.
>
> Maybe I'm in the minority.

I don't like the idea of packages being installed meaning I want them to run
services, schedule cron jobs or give elevated access by default. This kind
of thing makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. The purpose of not
installing packages should be to save disk space and resources needed for
updates, not security and integrity.