Re: Local users get to play root?

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009, Simo Sorce wrote:

On Wed, 2009-11-18 at 13:10 -0500, Seth Vidal wrote:
Maybe you have a different concept of security, but I don't want any
user on
the server installing software, no matter what.

right - which is why I wouldn't install PK on a server.

yum doesn't allow users to install pkgs, only root.

Seth, the fact you prefer to use yum doesn't make it right to have an
insecure-by-default policy.

I didn't say it did - I said it didn't make sense to have items like PK on servers.

-sv