Re: Local users get to play root?

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009, Dennis J. wrote:

In fact I agree with you but this doesn't really address my point.
How do you make sure the packages that are part of your minimal list don't introduce such a backdoor with the next update?

You check them.

That's the best you can do.

It's just like anything else:

How are you sure no one introduces a package into 'updates' which obsoletes glibc? We check them and hope we catch problems.

-sv