Re: Local users get to play root?

Am 2009-11-18 19:50, schrieb Tony Nelson:
On 09-11-18 13:44:43, nodata wrote:
Am 2009-11-18 19:16, schrieb Bruno Wolff III:
On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 17:45:26 +0000,
    Bastien Nocera<bnocera redhat com>   wrote:

Once we get the new user management stuff into F13 [1], we'd
probably tighten that rule so that only admins are given the
option, or all users but with the need to authenticate as an
admin.

This seems pretty reasonable.

I don't like the way Fedora is going with this: digging out something
that works and saying "we'll replace it later" makes no sense. Make
it work now, or *keep it in*.

Fedora has always been this way.  Have you tried to use sound or video
in the past few releases?  I think it's called "creative destruction".

and ripping out the boot log for several releases... that was the opposite of helpful.