Re: Local users get to play root?

> On 11/19/2009 12:31 AM, nodata wrote:
> >
> > Rahul, it seems to be that the person who made this change (fesco
> > approved?) is the one who should answer why the change is a good thing,
> > rather than "oh I changed it, now tell me why it's bad". Do you know who
> > it was?
>
> I don't see why FESCo should be involved and I have no idea who made
> this decision. I would have preferred the change to be announced and
> documented in detail regardless of that. I assume David Zeuthen? (CC'ed)

Jeez, Rahul. This has nothing to do with polkit per se, only PackageKit
and how it decides to use polkit. I've commented that much in the bug.
And as noted in the bug I don't even agree there's a problem. But I
leave that to Richard and others to sort out.

Btw, please don't add me to the Cc again like this or reply to this -
I'm not interested in this bike-shed or what color it is. Thanks.

     David