Re: Local users get to play root?

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009, Jesse Keating wrote:

On Wed, 2009-11-18 at 14:39 -0600, Chris Adams wrote:

What would be nice would be a guide of how all this fits together and
when to change what (not just documentation of individual options or
syntax), but I do also understand that developers don't always like
writing documentation (hey, who does, other than tech writers!).

In this case we do have some documentation.  man 8 polkit looks to be a
great read for getting your head around this stuff.  Unfortunately you
need to be on an F12 box (or chroot) to run that, although the man page
may be on the web somewhere.

polkit man page tells you a lot - but it's not going to help a sysadmin configure something TODAY. FAQs and HOWTOs will do that.

-sv