Re: Local users get to play root?

On 11/18/2009 05:36 PM, Colin Walters wrote:
On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 5:18 PM, Jeff Garzik<jgarzik pobox com>  wrote:

You forget we have botnets doing distributed cracking now.

But...if you've cracked the root password, there are rather easier
(and less audited) routes to trojaning the system than adding a third
party yum repository and downloading your malicious RPM.

I am talking about cracking signing keys, not root passwords.

	Jeff