Re: Local users get to play root?

Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
> but a user who installs Fedora at home will probably welcome not having to
> type in a root password when they want to install a gimp plugin.

They didn't with the old policy either unless it's the very first time they
install a package. With the F11 policy (which I propose to go back to),
authentication was required EXACTLY ONCE for a user account. How is that a
big issue for this use case? Yet, it solves the problem of unauthorized
people installing stuff. So why was this changed?

        Kevin Kofler