Re: Local users get to play root?

Kevin Kofler wrote:

> The absence of a GUI policy editor combined with lack of documentation for
> the config files makes bad defaults a big issue.

This is a key issue.  Do I take it that I have to edit the XML files
directly to require authentication for package installs?

So far I have:

 $ pkaction -v --action-id org.freedesktop.packagekit.package-install
org.freedesktop.packagekit.package-install:
  message:           Authentication is required to install a signed package
  vendor:            The PackageKit Project
  vendor_url:        http://www.packagekit.org/
  icon:              package-x-generic
  implicit any:      no
  implicit inactive: no
  implicit active:   yes

I'm not sure what to change here.  I'm guessing that I should change
"implicit active:   yes"  to "implicit active:   auth_admin".  And
that I should do this in
/usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.packagekit.policy

Andrew.