Re: Security policy oversight needed?

Once upon a time, Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com> said:
> The problem is who to target. If you call Fedora a desktop distro,
> then it makes perfect sense for local users to be able to shutdown the
> computer, suspend, change the system clock and install clipart without
> passwords, as long as it's done in a secure way.

I don't think all of that makes "perfect sense".  There is a big
difference between turning the system on and off and actually changing
significant system settings like time and packages.

Again, you are also making the assumption that "desktop distro" ==
"single-user system", when the Fedora desktop work is going in the other
direction (making the desktop more multi-user friendly).  Many home
systems are now multi-user, and not everybody should be installing
software.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams hiwaay net>