Re: Security policy oversight needed?

On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 13:05 +0100, Matěj Cepl wrote:
> Where do you see "Fedora 12 Server Edition"? Nowhere, because we don't
> have it. I was shouting whole morning on IRC to Server Spin folks about
> it, but I think we are really missing Server Spin. Something which
> wouldn't be useful as enterprise grade server (because we don't have
> enough long time support for Fedora; please, don't go into this flamewar
> now!), but as a project to develop such beast.
>
> And of course, it is yet another post, where I ask somebody else to do
> something, which I won't do :).

We have a server spin, and it's boot.iso/netinst.iso.  And no, I am not
joking.  Servers are installed by starting with the smallest possible
package set to get the system booted and on the network, then adding the
specific functionality you want the server to perform, such as http
server, or mail server.  Nothing more.  It is the very essence of start
from nothing, add what you want.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!