FC11 packages 'newer' than FC12

James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Thu Nov 19 18:19:55 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 13:03 -0500, Przemek Klosowski wrote:
> I originally reported this through bugzilla, but at Rahul's suggestion,
> I am posting this to the fedora-devel.
>
> Some Fedora 12 packages have versions that do not supersede the versions
> of Fedora 11 packages, preventing a complete upgrade to FC12. A partial
> list is:
[...]
> For example, 'yum update iw' does nothing; 'yum install iw' results in
> an error message
>
> Transaction Check Error:
>     package iw-0.9.17-3.fc11.i586 (which is newer than
> iw-0.9.17-2.fc12.i686) is
> already installed

 This is due to the .i586 => .i686 change, probably worth a BZ against
yum. downgrade also has problems ... of course this should really be the
last time now, so adding any more hacks is going to be a low priority.

James Antill - james at fedoraproject.org
http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/releases
http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/whatsnew/3.2.25
http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/YumMultipleMachineCaching