Re: Promoting i386 version over x86_64?

On 11/19/2009 07:14 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:
On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 18:45 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
You must not confuse moblin with netbooks, nettops or with i386/32bit
machines in general. The moblin desktop is addressing a completely
different audience.

Oh?  That's not what I got from
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/FedoraMoblin
It's what I get from this web-page and what I got from testing the original Moblin desktop.

IMO, they are targetting MID devices, competing with Android, Smart phones and similar.

That's a completely different audience as I am talking about: People using netbooks, nettops and old i386s as inexpensive, "secondary" machine for everyday, "low end" desktop usage, such as "browsing the web", "word processing", "presentations", "photo browsing" etc.

Ralf