Re: Improve the way rpm decides what is newer

On Saturday 21 November 2009 01:38:35 am drago01 wrote:
> We should just use release epochs, people might hate them for whatever
> reasons, but they would easily prevent such issues from happing.

The problem with this system, which has been pointed out before, is that
upgrades using the Fedora N release DVD on an up-to-date Fedora N-1 system
will replace newer versions of packages with older ones -- this is bad.

Regards,
--
Conrad Meyer <cemeyer u washington edu>