abrt and bugzilla

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 23 13:25:20 UTC 2009

Am Freitag, den 20.11.2009, 23:05 +0000 schrieb Colin Walters:
> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 10:52 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> > Colin Walters wrote:
> >> In an anonymous crash system, there should be a "promote to bugzilla"
> >> link, where people could comment.
> >
> > And how would you track down the original submitter if you need further
> > information from him?
>
> You don't; the submitter of course should get a link to their crash
> report, and can perform the bugzilla promotion on their own if they
> have more to add.

>From my experience they don't have anything to add, not even a small
comment on what they were doing when the application crashed. This
should be mandatory in abrt.

I have many reports that even lack debuginfo and even if I tell users
how to install it manually, I don't get a response. From now on I will
set all these bugs to NEEDINFO REPORTER and if I don't hear back from
them within 4 weeks, close their reports. I'm sure this is not how it's
supposed to work because it's not fruitful and nether the maintainers
nor the reporters are happy.

Regards,
Christoph