Re: abrt and bugzilla

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christoph Wickert" <christoph wickert googlemail com> To: "Development discussions related to Fedora" <fedora-devel-list redhat com>
Sent: Monday, November 23, 2009 7:25 AM
Subject: Re: abrt and bugzilla

Am Freitag, den 20.11.2009, 23:05 +0000 schrieb Colin Walters:
On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 10:52 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin kofler chello at> wrote:
> Colin Walters wrote:
>> In an anonymous crash system, there should be a "promote to bugzilla"
>> link, where people could comment.
>
> And how would you track down the original submitter if you need further
> information from him?

You don't; the submitter of course should get a link to their crash
report, and can perform the bugzilla promotion on their own if they
have more to add.

From my experience they don't have anything to add, not even a small
comment on what they were doing when the application crashed. This
should be mandatory in abrt.

I have many reports that even lack debuginfo and even if I tell users
how to install it manually, I don't get a response. From now on I will
set all these bugs to NEEDINFO REPORTER and if I don't hear back from
them within 4 weeks, close their reports. I'm sure this is not how it's
supposed to work because it's not fruitful and nether the maintainers
nor the reporters are happy.

Regards,
Christoph