[RFA] Your [PACKAGE_NAME] did not pass QA

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Nov 23 21:50:53 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-23 at 22:29 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le lundi 23 novembre 2009 à 13:13 -0800, Adam Williamson a écrit :

> > > This is false, it can get fixed, either with code changes or by dropping
> > > the offending package
> >
> > Maintainers do not equal developers. I am a package maintainer, yet my
> > coding skills extend to copying and pasting things from Google results.
> > usually incorrectly. You cannot assume that all the people to whom you
> > are sending these mails have the capability to fix code problems, that
> > is not a valid assumption.
>
> I don't assume they have the capability to fix code problems.
> I assume they're ready to do their maintainer work and nag upstream till
> it does. Or are ready to drop the package if it costs them more than
> it's worth.

He already said that he had talked to his upstreams and they had said
they would not adjust their code. In that case, he really has done
everything he possibly can in his position as maintainer, and sending
him further nag emails is achieving nothing constructive and serving
only to annoy him.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey