Re: PolicyKit and syslog

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009, Matthew Miller wrote:

One of the important features of sudo is its ability to log elevated-access
actions to syslog.

Userhelper similarly logs actions, like so: "userhelper[26491]: running
'/usr/share/system-config-users/system-config-users ' with root privileges
on behalf of 'mattdm'".

PolicyKit serves a similar function, but doesn't seem to log anything.

In fact, the only use of syslog appears to be in polkit-agent-helper-1,
which logs in two possible situations -- when called with the wrong number
of arguments and when stdin is a tty. (Most other things it fprintfs to
stderr.)

I'm not bringing this up to complain -- I just want to make sure that I'm
not missing something (which happens more often than it should; *sigh*). If
I'm not missing something, is this something anyone is working on already or
has existing plans for?

I see nothing noting any changes to the policy state whatsoever.

I'd recommend filing this as a bug.

thanks,
-sv