Re: F12 install stops at screen switch (language select)

On Tue, 2009-11-24 at 19:28 +0100, Jos Vos wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 06:00:20PM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>
> > Try adding the kernel parameters nomodeset and xdriver=vesa or
> > xdriver=intel and vga=ask and select any of the 24 bit values offered..
> > If install is successful  then boot into run level 3 and run Xorg
> > -configure and adapt accordingly something like..
>
> BTW it looks like the "nomodeset" parameter is missing in the list of
> boot options at these two places:
>
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f12/en-US/html/sn-bootoptions-hardware.html
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Options
>
> I checked these lists to find a usable option first, but couldn't find it.

it is documented in the Common Bugs:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F12_bugs#intel-misc-gfx

it could stand to be in the install guide, I guess, but it will likely
go away in future - the UMS (userland mode setting) code path is going
away.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey