Security testing: need for a security policy, and a security-critical package process

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Tue Nov 24 20:07:43 UTC 2009

Hi,

   > Gregory Maxwell (gmaxwell at gmail.com) said:
   >> If some some spin decided to make every user run as root, ship
   >> with no firewalling, have password-less accounts, or have
   >> insecure services enabled by default, etc.

   > You mean Sugar as configured on the XO? (It has passwordless
   > user, who can su without a password.)

It's true, but note that the XO software is technically a "Remix"
rather than a "Spin", so there aren't any technical requirements
on it to satisfy the use of the Fedora mark.  (I think I'd agree
with Greg's point regarding official Fedora spins.)

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child