Re: abrt + X Error => zillions of duplicate bug reports?

On 11/24/2009 02:15 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:

> We came up with several possible courses of action. First, we
> acknowledge that abrt team is working on improving duplicate detection,
> but Matej noted that this is intrinsically hard work and abrt will
> likely never be able to eliminate or even come close to eliminating
> duplicate reporting.

What's the technical limitation to coming close here?  It seems likely
that there will be some edge cases, but I would think that the majority
of cases aren't all that exceptional, and are fundamentally straightforward
to work out.

--
        Peter

I hope you know that this will go down on your permanent record.