Re: abrt + X Error => zillions of duplicate bug reports?

On 11/25/2009 06:54 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
What do you think of the idea of running the improved duplicate
detection logic over existing abrt bug reports in Bugzilla? Would that
be feasible, perhaps with some help from the Bugzilla maintainer?
Thanks!

Many backtraces currently stored in bugzilla are damaged (truncated) by a bug (in Linux kernel?). That bug has been fixed, but the backtraces already uploaded with that bug are not parsable by current backtrace parser.

I haven't figured out how to tweak the parser to handle the damaged backtraces yet. However, I'd like to focus on the new duplication detection mechanism for now, because it is more important from my point of view.

Karel