Re: Fedora 12 Graphics Issues: Cancel F13 and concentrate on fixing F12 ?

On 2009/11/26 14:39 (GMT) Terry Barnaby composed:

> The "cards" I have tried include:
> Intel Corporation 82945G/GZ Integrated Graphics Controller
> ATI Technologies Inc RV535 [Radeon X1650 Series]
> ATI Technologies Inc M22 [Mobility Radeon X300]
> ATI Technologies Inc RV280 [Radeon 9200 PRO] (rev 01)
> VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82G33/G31 Express Integrated
> Graphics Controller (rev 02)
> For testing Graphics you need a lot of "testers". I would not have thought
> that the number of people testing rawhide is enough. I would have thought
> that real users actually using Fedora are required here.
> Certainly the F12 release seems to reflect the lack of 3D graphics testing ...
> Yes, some graphics boards I am sure work well, although 3D should really
> be working on all cards in 2009 ...
> But this is the point, there are a lot of different graphics boards, and
> so a much wider scope for the testing is required here which requires more
> users over more time with many different applications using basically the
> same software.

Surely fewer testers find 3D to be relevant to getting their work done. I for
one always disable that bling as soon as I see it sneak in past a change in
configuration methodology.

I tried an F12 install on rv200 Radeon 36 hours ago, and Anaconda refused to
even come up in GUI mode.
The husband should fulfill his marital duty to
his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband.
			1 Corinthians 7:3 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/