Fedora 12 Graphics Issues: Cancel F13 and concentrate on fixing F12 ?

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 26 15:04:25 UTC 2009

On 2009/11/26 14:39 (GMT) Terry Barnaby composed:

> The "cards" I have tried include:
> Intel Corporation 82945G/GZ Integrated Graphics Controller
> ATI Technologies Inc RV535 [Radeon X1650 Series]
> ATI Technologies Inc M22 [Mobility Radeon X300]
> ATI Technologies Inc RV280 [Radeon 9200 PRO] (rev 01)
> VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82G33/G31 Express Integrated
> Graphics Controller (rev 02)
> For testing Graphics you need a lot of "testers". I would not have thought
> that the number of people testing rawhide is enough. I would have thought
> that real users actually using Fedora are required here.
> Certainly the F12 release seems to reflect the lack of 3D graphics testing ...
> Yes, some graphics boards I am sure work well, although 3D should really
> be working on all cards in 2009 ...
> But this is the point, there are a lot of different graphics boards, and
> so a much wider scope for the testing is required here which requires more
> users over more time with many different applications using basically the
> same software.

Surely fewer testers find 3D to be relevant to getting their work done. I for
one always disable that bling as soon as I see it sneak in past a change in
configuration methodology.

I tried an F12 install on rv200 Radeon 36 hours ago, and Anaconda refused to
even come up in GUI mode.
--
The husband should fulfill his marital duty to
his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband.

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/