Fedora 12 x86 DVD images

Andre Robatino andre at bwh.harvard.edu
Fri Nov 27 18:04:11 UTC 2009

Alexandre Oliva wrote:

>> Yes, we may rename the Live images to i386.

> If we're going to rename directories to match base arches...
> How about using “x86_32”?

Not only does it not match uname, but it's not specific - is it i386,
i586, i686?  I'd like to see the install images named i686 like the live
images are now.  If the purpose of the basearch convention is to not
have to waste time making changes each time the subarch changes, it
doesn't apply here, since it's known that this particular subarch (i686)
will never change again.