Fedora 12: Emacs is not for software development

I just did a new install on a spare laptop. I chose the "Software Development" option.

Emacs did not get installed.

Also, although neither mysql-devel, nor postgresql-devel, nor even libtool-ltdl-devel got installed, I ended up with a huge number of -devel packages, many of whom, from my viewpoint would like have an audience much smaller than emacs' potential audience.

Although an argument could be made about mysql and postgresql, I suppose, leaving emacs off is rather depressing, if that accurately represents the contemporary general opinions.