Fedora 12 Graphics Issues: Cancel F13 and concentrate on fixing F12 ?

Dave Airlie airlied at redhat.com
Fri Nov 27 20:51:33 UTC 2009

> On 11/28/2009 02:13 AM, Dave Airlie wrote:
>
> > We (Red Hat or Fedora) currently don't have access to any sort of
> > conformance suite for our GL though Intel and VMware have started at
> > least doing more and more regression test work lately so less and less
> > crap is making it way into the mainline and thus to users.
>
> Have we tried asking Intel or VMWare for access to their tests?

We all use piglit from an open source point of view and they both add
tests to that quite regularly. we also run some wine dx9 tests.

The main non-open conformance tests suites are the OpenGL suite from
Khronos now, and the DX test suite from Microsoft. VMware generally
run XP inside a VMware session and run the DX test suite on their
virtual GPU which finds a crap load of bugs in the host 3D drivers.

Neither of these are really good solutions for us (though I think
an interested user could reproduce the VMware system).

Dave.