Re: Fedora 12: Emacs is not for software development

2009/11/28 Rahul Sundaram <sundaram fedoraproject org>:

> Why? It's just shows your personal preference for a editor. Emacs is
> certainly not needed for software development.

Well one does need an editor for development. Assuming vim and emacs
have roughly equal user bases, chosing emacs over vim for the
distribution shows Fedora packagers' personal preference too. I guess
both vim and emacs should be available.

--
Regards,
Debayan Banerjee