Re: Fedora 12 Graphics Issues: Cancel F13 and concentrate on fixing F12 ?

On 2009/11/28 03:37 (GMT+0530) Rahul Sundaram composed:

> Compositing is sooner or later going to be enabled by default everywhere.

>> Somehow those niche users managed 10-20 years ago before there was such a
>> thing as 3D support in XFree86/Xorg.

> Times and expectations change.

Physics don't. A two dimensional screen will never be able to more than
simulate 3D. 3D requires more dead dinosaurs, coal and/or other sources of
electrical energy than 2D to produce. I don't expect that to change, and even
if it does, using more than necessary will remain a wasteful allocation of
quickly diminishing global resources. Consequently, "enabled by default" will
be ecologically irresponsible if it does come to pass.
The husband should fulfill his marital duty to
his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband.
			1 Corinthians 7:3 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/