Re: Fedora 12 Graphics Issues: Cancel F13 and concentrate on fixing F12 ?

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> You assume normal desktop users don't have requirement for 3D which is
> just plain wrong. Every modern desktop has made 3D a key part of the
> user interface. Even in Linux, this is increasingly the trend with
> Compiz and now GNOME Shell.

And KWin compositing / desktop effects before that (but after Compiz).

> Compositing is sooner or later going to be enabled by default everywhere.

Right, it already is in upstream KDE, we're disabling it by default in
Fedora due to the sad driver situation. But with drivers getting more
reliable, we may change this.

        Kevin Kofler