memset bugs.

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Mon Nov 30 15:39:54 UTC 2009

On 11/27/2009 02:25 PM, Casey Dahlin wrote:
> On 11/27/2009 06:03 AM, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 03:28:19AM -0500, Gregory Maxwell wrote:
>>> A literal zero prior to preprocessing is either a bug, or some kind
>>> of dead-
>>> code causing place-holder.
>>
>> Not necessarily .. the C code itself may be generated from
>> something else.
>>
>> Rich.
>>

> In which case the C code is no longer "source" and should be excluded
> from the analysis.

No, when swig (or whatever) produces bad code, we still want the compiler to
identify it and toss it.  It's then up to the packager to realize it's swig
producing the bad code, but it isn't magically good code that doesn't result
in real bugs.

--
        Peter

I'd like to start a religion. That's where the money is.
		-- L. Ron Hubbard to Lloyd Eshbach, in 1949;
			quoted by Eshbach in _Over My Shoulder_.